Tuesday, July 26, 2011

TIA Tuesday - Target, Part 2

Remember how much I love Target? This week's TIA Tuesday exemplifies that continued love.

The day after arriving in Nashville, I was having a slightly downer night and happened to be near a Target, so I stopped by to pick up a bar of Dove dark chocolate. ONLY that. Little did I remember that "only" never applies in Target.

As I entered the store, bombarded by the sight of cute women's clothes, I remembered the state of my post-Africa v-neck tees. See, they don't stand up to handwashing very well. They're faded, stretched out, rubbed thin, and some even have holes poked in them from hanging them to dry on my metal fence. Being the fashionista that I am, I still wear them around America. Needless to say, I'm slowly trying to replace my stash. And I don't have a black one! Oops #1.

Then, I discovered some cute clearance cardigans right next to the v-neck tees! I've never had a teal cardigan. That'll be a great adult work clothes purchase, right? I want. Oops #2.

As I quickly walk towards the check out in hopes of not getting distracted again, I remember that when I visited Target in June, I saw "Dirty Dancing" on sale for $7. I love "Dirty Dancing" and have only seen it once. Plus, I checked online and you really can't buy it anywhere for that cheap. My shopping policy is if I don't buy it but am still thinking about it weeks later, then it would be a worthwhile purchase. Thankfully, one month later, the movie is still on sale. Oops #3.

Practically running through the middle of Target, I'm trying to keep my eyes on the floor in front of me and not looking at the tempting products on each side. But then it hits me. I remember Dad saying I should get one of those plush fleece blankets that I've been eyeing. You know them...the super soft, really big target blankets? Only twenty bucks for a twin XL size! As I pull one out, one of those dreaded silver fish bugs crawls out from under the endcap. Gross. Good thing bugs don't faze me anymore. Oops #4.

At this point, I don't even need the dark chocolate to make me feel better. The spree should have done it. But what do I do? Pick one up anyways. Oops #5.

Fifty dollars and less than five minutes later, I'm out the door with purchases in hand.

A few observations:
Pro: I actually hate shopping. So at least I lose my cool at Target at not a more pricy store like J-Crew.
Pro: Target has a good return policy, so I usually let my bag of loot sit for a day and then reassess what I really need.
Con: I live a life of little to no income. This cannot happen again.

Reader, you'll be happy to know that since this series of Oops last Tuesday, I have been in Target twice and avoided purchasing anything. Self-control!

TIA.

1 comment:

  1. Girlll, I did the same thing yesterday at Hobby Lobby! Help!

    ReplyDelete