Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Shout-Out to Switzerland

Did you know that my number five country for blog viewers is Switzerland?? No? Neither did I until recently. But I'm excited about it!

Unlike most countries, I have no idea who you are! But readers, you must know of my secret love for Switzerland.

You see, back in Chicago we have our own little taste of Switzerland. At the Museum of Science and Industry, there's a little-known exhibit by the food courts called the Swiss Jolly Ball. As a strange young child, this was my favorite MSI exhibit - far and above the plane my uncle had a hand in building, or the underground coal mine, or the extravagant doll house, or the walk-through heart. The Swiss Jolly Ball at the Museum of Science and Industry is an extravagant pinball-like machine called a "flipper," in which a metal ball journeys through all of the tourist attractions in Switzerland. In fact, this particular flipper is one of only two Swiss Jolly Balls in the entire whole world, and was proclaimed the largest flipper in the Guinness Book of World Records in 1988.

[photo cred]
Needless to say, it's AWESOME and has always made me want to visit Switzerland. Too bad I've only gotten as far as the airport.

So hey, Swiss readers. Thanks for being here and for spicing up my blog statistics. I'm happy to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment