Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nashville Nugget No. 3 - The Grilled Cheeserie

I finally made it to my very first Nashville food truck!


On a hot and sweaty Friday afternoon, sweet 'n sassy friend Ally Thompson and I braved the heat to support Blood:Water Mission's Lemon:Aid Block Party in East Nashville. Much like all other Nashville Summer events, a food truck was present. And what better than The Grilled Cheeserie - the first food truck I ever heard of in Nashville!

The Grilled Cheeserie at the Lemon:Aid Block Party
The Grilled Cheeserie specializes in gourmet grilled cheese melts. Remember how much I love cheese? Well, at The Grilled Cheeserie, you can choose from one of their specialty melts or make your own melt using such decadent options as sourdough, wheat, or Italian herb bread; local cheeses like buttermilk or smoked cheddar, queso fresco, soy blend cheese, or Italian blend; and additional toppings like avocado, tomatoes, eggs, bacon, ham, or salami. You can even order a variety of tomato soups or tater tots...but if it's almost too hot during Nashville Summer to enjoy a fresh grilled cheese, then it's definitely too hot to enjoy tomato soup.

Given my recent love affair with Italy, I chose a simple Italian blend of cheeses on Italian herb bread. Holy smokes - this was by FAR the best grilled cheese I have ever eaten!!! I mean, look at this face of pure joy!

Grilled cheese = happy girl
I cannot WAIT for fall to arrive, when grilled cheese and tomato soup will be a more seasonally acceptable food choice. Frankly, it's too hot to eat hot-off-the-grill grilled cheese these days. But I have no doubt I will not be able to resist The Grilled Cheeserie if I ever see it roaming around town.

So thank you, owner Crystal De Luna-Bogan, for gracing us with your presence. Keep 'em coming.

The Grilled Cheeserie roams around Nashville. You can find their location by following them on Twitter or texting CHEESE to 88000.

1 comment: