Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New Music from Melanie Penn!

One thing I missed terribly while I was in Namibia was the lack of new music in my life. Sure, my iTunes is chock full of tunes - almost 15 days worth, to be exact. I didn't have a lack of music in my life. But new music? Total lack. Thank the LORD I'm back in Nashville where new music is always just around the corner!

Fellow Grace-goer and musician extraordinaire Ben Shive has been tweeting for weeks about his work producing Melanie Penn's newest album, and just this week, The Rabbit Room posted her newest video from her album, "Wake Up Love."


I love it! Melanie Penn not only rivals Carrie Underwood in cuteness, but also has a sweet & intriguing voice and insanely beautiful lyrics. I especially love how much this song reminds me of the Holy Spirit and his movement in our lives in every ordinary day.

Oh, I'm a summer breeze
I brush across your cheek
I have always been and I will always be
You can hear me blow
Though you don't know
Where I'm coming from or where I go.

Beautiful. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. What's even better is that so many of my favorite Nashville artists worked on this album, too, like Ben, Andy Gullahorn, Andy Osenga, and THE Gabe Scott (where is he online? Kind of obsessed...and I don't care who knows it).

Check out Melanie's work and buy her album here!

No comments:

Post a Comment