Tuesday, July 19, 2011

TIA Tuesday - Roadtrip Edition

Driving past endless cornfields instead of vast savannas/cattle farms. TIA.

The temptation to stop next to cornfields and pick some fresh sweet corn. You can take the girl out of Illinois, but you can't take the Illinois out of the girl. TIA.

Celine Dion Power Hour. Although I'm sure they'd love this in Nam, too. TIA.

When I moved to Namibia, I packed up my life for a year in two <50 lb suitcases. In moving to Nashville, I've brought down one entire Matrix full of stuff - with at least one or two more trips to go. TIA.

Being surrounded by friends who know and love me well. TIA.

Filling your car with gas yourself. And American gas stations in general. TIA.

Two lane highways are "backroads." In Namibia, the biggest highway is only two lanes. TIA.

Free public restrooms! TIA.

1 comment:

  1. Celine Dion? ummm you sure your not in Nam?!?

    and like I said, already having panic attacks about driving through downtown atlanta...

    ReplyDelete