Friday, July 15, 2011

Things I'm REALLY EXCITED About!

Today is Friday. Tomorrow is Saturday (insert Rebecca Black lyric here? I wouldn't know, that fad didn't make it to Namibia...). Sunday comes after. And on Monday, I'm moving to Nashville!

In preparation for my glorious, long-term return, I've started compiling a list of all the places at which I want to eat asap. You see, Nashville is full of some of the most awe-inspiring eateries. There are so many trendy, local, one-of-a-kind restaurants, coffeeshops, dessert boutiques, and even a whole fleet of food trucks that have popped up since I left.

I want you to share in my excitement, and perhaps even share some meals with me. Here is my comprehensive, but not all-inclusive, list of places I'm dyyyyying to eat at:
- The Grilled Cheeserie
- Barbie Burgers
- Foxy Baking Co.
- I Dream of Weenie
- Pizza Buds
- Taste of Belgium
- The Bang Candy Company
- Tin Can Treats
- Moovers & Shakers
- Jeni's Ice Cream
- 12 South Taproom
- Hot & Cold
- Pied Piper Creamery
- Taco Mamacita
- Yazoo Brewery
- Elliston Place Soda Shop
- Family Wash
- Dose
- Sunday brunch at the Copper Kettle
- Arnold's Country Kitchen
- Germantown Cafe
- The Cocoa Tree

And clearly, there are countless Nashville establishments I can't WAIT to return to...and you should visit, too:
- Puckett's Grocery
- Fido
- Crema
- Jackson's
- Burger Up
- Bobbie's Dairy Dip
- Bricktops
- Mafiaoza's
- Bella Napoli
- Bread & Co
- Jack's BBQ (affectionately called, "That Flying Pig Place")
- Monell's
- Pancake Pantry

Any recommendations or favorites? Perhaps this will turn into a quasi-food-blog. Although I guess it's contradictory to have a "Post-Africa Weight Loss Blog" and a "Best Food in Nashville" blog...hmm.

4 comments:

  1. BREAD & CO. STRAWBERRY FIELDS SALAD.

    I don't want to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear that you're moving back soon! I've been wanting to go find the cool food trucks. I'd love to experience some Nashville food with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for moving back to Nashville! I have to admit, though, that despite living here for 10 years, there are a lot of places on your list I've never visited. I guess we need to expand from our favorites, although I do love Calypso, Baja Burrito, Bread Company, and Kalamatas. By the way, we live super close to Bobby's Dairy Dip now, so you should come visit when you're there... Or maybe we'll meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SILLY GOOSE! It's next to Jeni's ice cream and it's fabulous! Rose Pepper Cantina, across the street from both, is also a really great Mexican place and they have the best margaritas in Nashville, hands down.

    ReplyDelete