Sunday, October 16, 2011

What We Ate For Dinner

This post is two weeks overdue, but just as meaningful.

I'm in a book club this fall with four dear friends of mine! We're reading the fantastic, gut-punching book, When Helping Hurts. The best thing about book club - aside from the hours-long conversations - is that it gives us all an excuse to see each other every few weeks and cook great meals together.

(It also gives me a chance to try unusual new recipes on my friends. Suckers.)

For our second dinner, I cooked Rachael Ray's 5-Ingredient Parmesan Crusted Tilapia. I already had a bag of frozen tilapia fillets in my freezer, and who can pass up a 5-ingredient recipe?

After a few alterations of my own, this is what we ended up with. In the future, I might cut back on the paprika a bit. Su.per.ea.sy.

Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia
3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Italian style panko bread crumbs
2 tsp paprika
4 tilapia fillets

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the cheese with the panko crumbs and the paprika and season with salt and pepper (oops...pretty sure I forgot to do that)
3. Drizzle the fish with olive oil and dredge in the cheese mixture.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake until the fish is opaque in the thickest part, about 10-12 minutes. May be served with lemon wedges (although I also forgot those).

I served this with sauteed summer squash on a bed of parmesan couscous (the buy-in-a-box kind..."that was easy"). As Rachael would say, "yum-o!"

1 comment: