Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!


Happy holiday of jack-o-lanterns, candy galore, pudgy tummies, and costumes.

Tonight, I'm sitting in our cute, very welcoming house waiting for trick-or-treaters to arrive. It's nearly 7 and I've only handed out 7 pieces of candy so far. I'm learning the importance of living on a block with a sidewalk - something I'll definitely look for in my next residence.

All this non-trick-or-treater time has given me time to reminisce on pre-adulthood Halloweens. I loved setting up Jack in our living room - a fake jack-o-lantern with multi-colored bulbs inside that cycled through all the colors of the rainbow. I loved trick-or-treating for the full four allotted hours in our neighborhood - even if my sister refused to go with me; even if it was miserable outside, as most Chicago Halloweens are. I loved dressing up as this pink bunny, Bambi, Minnie Mouse (several times), a tree, Dumbledore, a pumpkin, a princess, a superhero, a hippie, and more. I loved stashing my candy in my closet where no one else could find it and rationing it out through Easter.

So Happy Halloween, y'all. May your evening be filled with more sugar than you initially planned on consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment