Thursday, March 24, 2011

TIA...Thursday?

Sorry avid readers (if there are any of you?)! I flaked out on TIA Tuesday this week, which I promised myself I would never do. My excuse: after spending a long holiday weekend away, I returned home with a nasty cold that kept me in bed for two days.

No excuses. Here are a few of the TIA moments that have happened over the last week:

"Can you help me a black pen?" "A black one? Just use your blood!" TIA.

Physically shoved a Namibian man who was twice my size and yelled in his face - and he backed off! Chased after a taxi that decided to pull away with my bag in it, even though I wouldn't get in. Learning to be assertive! TIA.

Came home to shin-deep water surrounding my house because of the north-central region floods. Have to wade through it every day despite the filth that is in it. TIA.

"Miss! Are you not feeling well? You are looking so thin!" Thank goodness...it's about time. Too bad that's a Namlish insult? TIA.

Flash floods. TIA.

Opening two outrageously awesome packages from my dad. I was so filled with excitement that when tears started streaming down my cheeks, I was quite caught off guard. Who knew seeing Chips Ahoy, M&Ms, Kraft Mac & Cheese, Jello pudding mix, my ASB sweatshirt, Parks & Rec Season 2, and much more could make me so emotional? Only in Africa. TIA.

3 comments:

  1. You have avid readers (or at least one) and I'm glad to read TIA posts on any day of the week. Sorry about that shin-deep water . . . glad your pkg survived the floods! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, yes, isn't it nice to be somewhere where fat is beautiful? at least it relieves the constant american pressure to be thin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM AN AVID READER KAREN ELIZABETH MCGEE.

    ReplyDelete