Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Music!


When I visited Amy a few weekends ago, we discovered a stash of 17 old mix CDs left by past vols in her house that now live in my iTunes.

My eclectic collection of new music now includes Amy Winehouse, Regina Spektor, Beatles, Feist, Blake Lewis, KT Tunstall, Blue, Simon Webbe, Carrie Underwood, Chris Brown, David Bowie, Boyz2Men, Ludacris, U2, The Cardigans, Destiny’s Child, John Mayer, Janet Jackson, The Eagles, Josh Ritter, The Killers, Van Morrison, Nazz, REM, Queen, Ryan Adams, Tyrone Wells, Evele, Goo Goo Dolls, Neil Young, Sting, Alicia Keys, Sam Sparro, Tracy Chapman, Sean Kingston, Natasha Bedingfield, Sugarland, Tom Petty, Unwritten Law, The Weepies, Deb, Glen, and J. Pyke.

Eclectic. Told you so.

Some of them are great oldies. Some are really popular current songs. Some are...pretty out there. And some I can’t stop listening to!

So my Namibia Soundtrack for the first two weeks of March consists of a TON of Sugarland (esp “Genevieve,” which effectively gets changed to “Tennessee” when it’s stuck in my head) and Josh Ritter (holler Moscow, ID). Loooooove.

Being outside of Nashville (and America) for almost three months has made me really miss and appreciate the easy access to new, great music. Now I won’t know any hot hot hits when I return home! Heavens to Betsy...

Please send 2011’s hot hot hits and new discoveries my way.

1 comment:

  1. tyrone wells! "sea breeze"?! i can't believe i never gave you some of his stuff. i think i have a poster somewhere around here that says "sara! way to be awesome! tyrone." only the exclamation points have hearts for dots.

    want it?

    ReplyDelete