Friday, March 4, 2011

Good Ol' Country Biscuits


There are many things that I miss about the South (okay...everything). So when fellow Southerner Amy told me to try the biscuit recipe in our cookbook, I knew that I had to give it a try.

What better thing to do on your Friday afternoon? Well, laundry – that’s a better thing to do. Too bad it’s been cloudy/rainy every afternoon this week, making it impossible to dry my clothes. So biscuits!

Sweet baby Jesus, these biscuits are DELICIOUS! I have to admit the only biscuits I’ve ever made came from a box. Plus, I was skeptical that these could satisfy my biscuit craving. But they did. And they were so easy!

So if you want a taste of Namibia and the South at the same time, try this outrageously easy recipe and share with your friends!

WorldTeach Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter
1 cup milk

Sift flour, powder, and salt together. Pinch in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in milk. Knead for 30 seconds. Make balls and put them on a baking sheet (or you can do it the non-lazy way and roll out the dough 1 inch thick and cut it into circles with a glass). Bake at 205 C (400 F) for 15 minutes or until done.

The great thing about biscuits and other more floury/less chocolatey recipes? I’m way less tempted to eat the entire batch in one sitting. I might even share these with my roommates!

No comments:

Post a Comment