Saturday, March 5, 2011

PSA's

Official public service announcement: the video doesn't (really) work. There's no audio. Why, Namibia, why?? Probably to save you all from my cheesy commentary. Nonetheless, I'm sure the vid's pretty strange without the audio. Sorry! I'll try to fix it next time I have the patience to brave the African internets. In the meantime, I've rearranged my bedroom, my roommates and I bought a kitchen table, and I killed Harold the Wall Spider. So the video is ultimately null and void!

Other announcements:
- I will start a fun blog series this Tuesday - so come back then and check it out!
- I officially survived my first staff meeting. 5 1/2 hours. Entirely in Oshikwanyama. Read 34% of my long Kindle book. Namibians are obscenely patient.
- Fed my roommates pancakes and biscuits for breakfast. Don't think they loved them as much as I do, but they didn't complain. More for me next time - hah!
- Finally got enough sunshine today to wash 14 shirts! Pants, undergarments, and linens tomorrow if the weather holds out.
- I'm halfway through watching the entire "Friends" series. I can't believe people had to wait 5 years for the shows I've watched in three weeks...ridiculous.

Lastly:
Hey, TN - please revel in the b-e-a-u-tiful Nashville spring that is upon y'all! Spring is BY FAR the best time of year in Nashville (only rivaled by autumn - which I probably will also say is the best when August arrives). Not just because of April (duh). But because of everything - greenery, flowers, sunshine, laying on the grass, outdoor concerts, Bobbie's Dairy Dip reopening, Country Music Half Marathon (I heard it's hillier this year?), windows open, and general love/joy in the air. Soak it up in my absence, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment