Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TIA Tuesday

I would like to refer you all to the growing First World Problems trend. Which is really just a rip off my TIA (This Is America) posts. Hah. But really, these things are all at once hilarious and sadly telling of the weird things we feel we struggle with every day. Reality check. Check out the many Twitter feeds of First World Problems. And if "TIA Tuesday" weren't so catchy and African, perhaps we'd call this FWP.

Being completely overwhelmed by my HUGE closets. Clearly, not a problem. But they're just so big...and in Namibia, my clothes and things had to live in piles on my bedroom floor. How do I fill two huge closets? Do I still need to buy other furniture? TIA.

Spending two days trying to get new plates and ID. Which seems absurd. Three and a half hours at the DMV?! But let's face it: trying to do that in Namibia would probably take weeks. TIA.

Being overwhelmed at the wide selection of products at the grocery store. This is still a problem? TIA.

Seeing jorts everywhere. Especially at the DMV. Where are all the normal people at the DMV? TIA.

Drinking tea with friends. TIA. I guess TIA(frica), too, depending what part of the continent you're in. Not as much in Namibia.

1 comment: