Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nashville Nugget No. 8 - Dose

Many moons ago, a friend told me of this mysterious off-the-beaten-path coffeeshop called Dose. She boasted of a warm & inviting space and some of the best hot chocolate. As a hot chocolate connoisseur, I had the best of intentions to go right away.

However, two years later, here we are. Only just now setting foot in this rumored establishment.

Another friend, who recently tried Dose for the first time, summed it up best when he said, "six tables, six bar seats, three booths, and two retro chairs fill a wood-clad room with a simple coffee bar...My favorite part about this place is how much wood is around the shop...It makes you feel at home, yet also fuels you to work" (He should be the one writing these, not me, right?).

I love this place! In fact, I'm writing the blog post from Dose right now. The atmosphere is so great - warm, welcoming, cozy. Kind of like Crema (my favorite Nashville coffeeshop) but twice as big. The music is upbeat but not too loud. It's definitely quiet here and great for working, but I wouldn't hesitate to schedule a chatty coffeeshop date here.

And guess what? The hot chocolate sure is GREAT! When it's presented like this, who can resist?


I also have heard that Dose has one of the best mochas in town. I have no interest in trying anything with the slightest hint of coffee or caffeine, so I'll have to take their word for it.

Most of the coffee is roasted right here in Nashville by Humphrey's Street Coffee Co., which is part of Harvest Hands in South Nashville, so you're supporting local organizations while enjoying you drink!

Dose is located on Murphy Road just off West End near the I-440 exit at 3431A Murphey Road. Let's go have a coffee date!

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the title, I thought, "That sounds so familiar..." Then I saw that Dose is just down the street from me! We live in Sylvan Park, and I drive right by there all the time. Thanks for the recommendation! :) We should have a coffee date there sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete