Tuesday, August 2, 2011

TIA Tuesday - Glenview, Illinois Edition

I feel a little badly. I tend to love on Tennessee much more than I love on Illinois. But as I was driving through cornfield after cornfield today, I was reminded of where my heart comes from and how deeply I love the great Midwest. Here are a few reasons why I love Glenview, IL and the rest of this great state: the Center of America.

Deep dish pizza. Delicious, fresh ingredients. Thick, chewy crust. Lots and lots and lots of cheese. TIA.

A warm summer breeze blowing through lush fields of soybeans. I never even noticed the soybean fields before! Beautiful beautiful beautiful. TIA.

Fresh sweet corn on the side of the road. TIA.

Walking to the Dairy Bar at night and always ordering chocolate dipped in milk chocolate in a cone. TIA.

Looking down a long, straight, un-rolling road, bordered by farms, as far as the eyes can see. TIA.

Lake Michigan. And going to the beach. And it feeling like the ocean, minus the salt water and dangerous animals. TIA.

Cicadas. Nashville, you ain't got nothing to complain about. We get the same ones you do, plus swarms of regular ones every year. TIA.

The Glen. And the fact that such quintessential suburbia exists at all, just a walk away. "1200 Acres of Perfect Planning." We love it, we hate it. But it's ours. And it's so America. TIA.

Bike riding! TIA.

The close proximity of family. TIA.

But until sweet tea, mason jars, and southern accents make it to the Great Wide North, you can find me in the greater state of Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment