Sunday, February 20, 2011

Squirrelly Grade 8


After five weeks of school, it’s time for some class profiles! I’ll do one for each of my three grades because they’re all so very different from each other.

The first grade I would like to feature is Grade 8. I teach two Grade 8 classes and they couldn’t be more different from each other. This is their first year at a secondary school (except those learners who are repeating Grade 8). Enjoy some tidbits about these goofy learners!

Three adjectives: squirrely, motivated, inquisitive
Age range: 12-18 years old; biggest age range of all my classes
Average number of learners: 35 per class
Average number of chairs/desks: 15 each
Most common first name: Fransina
Best lesson so far: America day – they had so many hilarious questions; many of them thought I was already married with children
Quotes: “One day when I was moving to church I one boy he told me that there is no church, and he ask me, ‘why I use to [Namlish for “usually”] go to church’ and I answer that ‘I woudl like to her the word of living God.’ The boy started laughing to me and he take sand and put it in my head, and we start quarreling and I bit him like I was not going to church and I go back hom saying the church is over.” – V (Favorite memory from last year)

“I loved playing netball to train my self from getting to old.” – H (Favorite memory from last year)

“Ok I just want to say God bless our English teacher to be the most in grade 8” – S (journal entry)

“I like to read my favorite is to read.” – (expectations for English class)

“The massager to my follow learners is they must enjoy their lifes but they must not over enjoy because there is HIV and AIDS on the world.” – M (journal entry)

No comments:

Post a Comment