Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spunky Grade 11


And now...for a profile of my Grade 11 learners. You must pass Grade 10 to enter Senior Secondary School, which is why many of them are new to our school and very proud of their recent accomplishments in passing their exams.

Three adjectives: spunky, testing, confident
Age range: 16-21
Average number of learners: 43
Most common first name: Johannes
Favorite annoying habit: calling out “et cetera” when we’re brainstorming to try to end the lesson early and act like smartypants
Funniest spelling error: “glandmother” instead of “grandmother”
Quotes: “and that time I was fly to cloudy nine which mean that I was very happy” – P (best holiday)

“My dream job is to be nurse not just because in Our Country Namibia we do not have enough nurse at our clinic and also hospital. I want this so that I can help those who are sick especial those who are infected by HIV/AIDS and also for me to get income to help my family...I want to be a nurse so that I will pay taxes to government to building enough clinic, hospital and schools in Our Country Namibia.” – R (dream job)

“The most problem we have in our country is for those people who are killing each other for nothing and also raping the young ones. So I promised and I want those people who are doing such a crime to be locked into the Zaire even for 80 years because we are very tied to the maximum now.” – M (problem in Namibia – should anyone tell him Zaire doesn’t exist anymore?)

“I want to be an Englisian person” – S

“I realy enjoy my first day in school on my own and I didnt over enjoy it.” – L

No comments:

Post a Comment