Sunday, January 23, 2011

Working for the Weekend


I survived my first week of “school!” While no actual teaching has yet occurred, this week was no easy feat. In fact, it would fall under the “roughest weeks of my life” category. So here’s a quick run-up of the sweet rewards this weekend held:

1) Brownie batter/brownies Friday night – all to myself
2) KFC: yes, the Colonel’s secret recipe is international. America in my mouth, joy in my belly.
3) Sun(set): first time I’ve seen Mr. Sun since arriving up north. These sunsets are even more intoxicating than you could have imagined.


4) Voices of God: the name of one of the groups of young women that sings each night. Sweet grade 12 girl Amelia filled me in on all the info and graciously translated the Oshikwanyama hymns into English. Kalunga=God, Yesu=Jesus, Omwene=Lord. What a unique and unexpected way for me to find worship this weekend.

(tried to upload a video of #4, but it isn't working - anyone else in Namibia have troubleshooting tips?)

God is in it all and restoring my heart as I (anxiously, I’ll admit) approach this next week. He is gracious even as I label his destruction of my hopes and expectations as unfair.

“neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment