Sunday, April 17, 2011

Two Highs and a Low

High: I had two weeks' worth of laundry to handwash, so instead of moping I pumped up Motown's Greatest Hits and shook my booty while washing every piece of clothing I own. Beautiful start to the weekend!

Low: changed into a different pair of pants only to find a COCKROACH inside. I don't think my legs will ever stop feeling creepy crawly. Some days it's easy to hate living in the bush.

High: took an early Sunday morning trip to Oshikango with my Japanese roommate to go to the BRAND NEW KFC(!!!!!!). Discovery: town is very uncrowded and lovely on Sunday mornings. Before coming here, I hadn't eaten KFC since I was maybe 10 years old. But as my roommate said, "you may think it's just chicken, but it is so much more than chicken here." Also, I bet you Namibia is the only place you can eat KFC while watching donkeys with their front legs tied together hop by outside the window. I half expected a chicken to wander through the front doors, but clearly they already know that would be a bad idea.

Here's to wrapping up a weekend and looking ahead to four days of learner-free school. Reuniting with the rest of the vols on Friday! Glory be.

(also, still looking for books to read...send 'em my way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment