Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!!!

If you haven't noticed the trend, these two weeks in the middle of springtime are BIG weeks in the McGee family - all three of us celebrate our birthdays! My dad, the real Bobby McGee, celebrated his big day on Sunday.

first iphoto capture on my computer. hilarious.

My Grade 8 learners were beyond excited as "Mr. Bob's" birthday approached (they came up with that nickname all on their own). Last Friday, they eagerly wrote birthday messages on the board and sang "Happy Birthday" for two videos I took of each class.

from 8A

from 8B - not sure they've heard of B.o.B...or if my dad has any likeness to him...hmm

Unfortunately, it's really hard to upload videos from where I'm at in Namibia! I've tried a different method everyday since Friday and still haven't been successful. If you want to watch it without audio, you can check out my youtube page. Otherwise, I'll upload them in December.

Regardless, if you are a reader who does not personally know me (apparently there are a lot of you!) or have not had the great opportunity to meet my dad, he's the best. Like, actually the best father in the entire world. He is exceedingly patient, kind, supportive, loving...and hilarious!

Teaching me the love of baseball

See? Isn't he the best?
So...happy belated birthday, Dad!!! Hope you've felt the love from all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment