Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TIA Tuesday - That's So Nam

TIA Tuesday gets a photo theme this week. Enjoy some classic signs that I've seen in my travels. These are soooo Nam.

Favorite graffiti at school. Sorry Rihanna, Namibians tend to gets their L's and R's confused. 
First of all, they stole my dream name for a tent rental company.
Second of all, they have "the most reliable, affordable, and flexible erections in the region."
"NO GANGSTER RAP MUSIC ON CELLPHONES"
Even the official map has some essential spelling errors.
"Strong coffee TASTE." Not the real thing.
So Africa.

2 comments:

  1. I think I just laughed for a good 5 minutes at the tents sign.... and i also live in the land of absolutely ridiculous horribly translated signs.... yet that still got me. I always say "intense like the boy scouts!" so I have to applaud their creativity.
    My fave from over here is a sign that said, "Please take care of the public sanitation"...... EXCEPT there was no L in public.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahaha sorry i couldn't keep reading after the tents because i am an 11-year-old boy.

    ReplyDelete