Friday, November 4, 2011

We Need Each Other

Last night, I was having a heart to heart with a dear friend in the Matrix (because honestly, there are few better places to have those). As someone I've leaned on a lot, it was a blessing and sweet time to share in her struggles and offer encouragement.

Afterwards, I felt so keenly aware of how deep our need is for others. Can you imagine walking through life alone? Praise the Lord for His presence in our lives; we never are fully alone. But I've been so reminded in this past year of our deeply ingrained need for others. For companionship on earth. For people who can share our burdens.

Even more so, I praise God for knitting our paths in such a way that when one of us hits a difficult day or week or season, the others are able to hold us up and help us through, and vice versa. We are rarely all in our darkest hours at the same moment, even as we walk through similar seasons together.

This is what made my time in Namibia impossibly hard, and what makes my recuperative time in Nashville ever so sweet. Praise God for kindred spirits with whom we can shoulder each others' loads.

1 comment: