Friday, June 3, 2011

Prayers for Emmett

I know this blog is generally pretty self-focused, so for those of you who only want to read about me, this post will disappoint you. Alas, there are lots more important things in this world than my adventures readjusting to America.

Such as the health of a dear community member in Nashville, Emmett Stallings. He and his family attend Grace Community Church with me and I had the blessing of getting to know their sweet son when I taught Sunday School there. Emmett has been battling Stage IV esophageal cancer since February 2010. Today has come to be known as a very sad day on their blog. Medically, things aren't looking good. I've been there, having a dear family member and friend come to what looked like the end of their ropes. It's terrifying, numbing, and altogether overwhelming to be out of options and entirely in God's hands (though really, isn't that supposed to be the most relieving place to be?).

So reader, please pray for Emmett, Wendy, and Quinn right now. Pray for peace and joy in the coming days - whether it's a few or a few thousand.

"Our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you shared in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort." (2 Cor. 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment