Saturday, June 2, 2012

Big Sky

Afternoon sky over Lake Victoria
I've made it my mission to get more people to look at the sky in Africa. I keep trying to explain to our mzungu kids here that the sky is SO MUCH BETTER in Uganda than in America. They're unconvinced. Despite living in Uganda for three years, they still think America is the awesomest. They make fun of me by saying, "if I had a dollar for every time you talked about the sky, I'd be RICH." I'm going into debt here...

Seriously, though. The sky is bigger. The clouds are fluffier and far more numerous. The blue is bluer. The air is cleaner. The sunsets are richer. The sunrises are brighter. The rainstorms are wider. The lightning is scarier. The thunder is deeper. The rainbows are more vibrant. The moon is rounder. The stars are twinklier. The sky is wider, higher, longer, deeper.

I know I blogged about the sky so many times in Namibia. But "so many times" isn't enough. The sky reminds me of how wide, how high, how long, and how deep is the love of our Lord. He created each millimeter of this sky and STILL cares about me? He knows each star in the sky - even in the cloud that is the Milky Way - and STILL knows the hairs on my head?

Unreal. I can't begin to understand it, but I bask in the reminder of His power when I look to the African sky.

3 comments:

  1. I'm just catching up here. I loved the sky and clouds in Uganda in particular too. I'm not sure why it's different, but it IS different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! (I'm a little behind)

    ReplyDelete