Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Why I Need a Significant Other

Oh readers, do not be dismayed. This is not going to be your typical angsty twentysomething's post about being single. Truth be told, singleness is lookin' good on me these days.

But the beginning of 2012 keeps poking me in the side.

See, almost daily I am tempted by announcements of new shows coming to Nashville. And my professional position doesn't exactly allow me to splurge even a little on shows. Don't even get me started about shows at the Ryman Auditorium (if I've said it once, I'll say it again - it's the best concert venue. Ever). Why can't they charge some kind of membership fee at the start of the year so that instead of paying >$32.50 for every show you see, you pay once for the venue and then pay just, like, $5 for future concerts?

I digress.

2012 has already been inundated with announcements of remarkable acts - and it's only February: Bela Fleck & the Flecktones...NEEDTOBREATHE (sorry for yelling at you)...Punch Brothers...James Taylor...Keith Urban's We're All For the Hall benefit concert...Alison Krauss & Union Station...the sold out Mumford & Sons shows...The Head and the Heart...Bluegrass Underground (it's in a cave, y'all)...Coldplay (Atlanta's close enough to count as local, right?). At least Rodney Atkins and Gloriana will be free post-marathon in April.

Some of these shows have made the precious cut as I reallocate my food budget and use it instead for concert tickets. Nonetheless, I find myself yearning for someone who would pay for me as their date.

Joking? Mostly. After all, this screams "first world problems." But seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment