Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello, Spring

Springtime is nipping at our heels and March looks as if it'll be coming in like a lion. Today, I woke up to 66 degrees, 84% humidity, and thunderstorms in February. Love that Tennessee weather.

I forgot how much I love spring. In the craziness of living life in Namibia's perpetual summer last year, I missed spring - literally and figuratively. I missed flowers blooming and trees budding. I missed thunderstorms and tornadoes. I missed love in the air and baby animals. I missed the fresh smell of new life.

If you're new to the blog, it's important for you to know how much I love seasons. I love seasons. Seasons of life, seasons of weather, seasons of development. Seasons are beautiful and biblical. I love that the Lord loves seasons.

Clearly, springtime is lovable. It's a time of rebirth, growth, and renewal. We are able to shed our heavy winter coats and shake off all the density of the old year. This is a beautiful thing.

So on today's "extra" day of the year, I'm celebrating by leaping in the wet grass, eating donuts, and watching the ominous clouds fly overhead. Oh...and I'm buying anti-allergen bedding today to ring in spring as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment