Monday, February 6, 2012

Mac&Cheese and Clydesdale Horses

I almost cried at Superbowl 2011 because I was far from home and unable to indulge in American foods and lazing on sofas and watching a big screen.

I almost cried at Superbowl 2012 when I discovered two things: Kraft mac&cheese was not in my belly and I hadn't seen a Budweiser clydesdale commercial.

That's because, for better or for worse, these two things are full of memories. When we were kids and got together with old family friends to watch the Superbowl, regardless of what the adults ate for dinner, mom would whip up a mega bowl of Kraft mac&cheese. I never saw a bowl that big the other 364 days of the year. But at the Superbowl party, I could eat as much as I want. And eat I did.

She also loved those annual clydesdale commercials. When I finally searched the internet this morning for a replay, I was disappointed. I had, in fact, seen this commercial last night, but had no idea it was THE Clydesdale commercial. That's because those precious horses and their faithful dalmatian companion were hardly even featured.

Boo to clydesdales of 2012, but enjoy this Sue McGee favorite from 2008:

No comments:

Post a Comment