Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dancing in September

Today, I am channeling Earth, Wind, and Fire and attempting to grasp the reality that September is upon us. I know we say it every month, but where did August go?! Really.

The thought of September is making me giddy. It's been summer in my world for 248 days and counting. Let's not even talk about the forecasted high of 100 degrees on Saturday. I can't say I haven't enjoyed it at times. It's given me permission to wear Chacos for approximately 246 of those 248 days, minus two weddings when I had to wear real shoes. And I haven't had to worry about the Africa Pounds because I can just wear summer dresses, skirts, or Nike shorts every day.

But fall is my jam. I love raking. I love eating pumpkin-flavored things. I love hot tea and hot chocolate. I love scarves. I love chunky sweaters. I love the crunch of footsteps on the fallen leaves. I love the perfect pair of jeans. I love the multicolored rolling hills of Tennessee. I love fall festivals. I love curling up in a blanket on the porch. I love college football games. I love autumn.

And though autumn means the dreary winter days will soon be upon us, I can't help but feel imbued with a deep sense of joy that autumn is here. So let's go baaa deee ahhh dancing in September.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you write with such enthusiasm! I mean, really, if someone reading this didn't already like September, I do believe you'd have a convert! I'm happy for this new month and for the fall season that has to be coming soon (it just HAS to be!).

    ReplyDelete