Thursday, November 11, 2010

My GCCs

Current location: Frothy Monkey, coffee with a friend and doing work (and sitting by Matt Wertz, nbd)

Introducing Glenview Community Church - GCC#1. Located just three blocks from my house, I spent my first eighteen years of life growing up there. I was pleasantly surprised this week when they ran an article I had written for our weekly newsletter on the front page - complete with photos and very kind words from our pastor. Check it out here!
GCC#1, I am so grateful for your consistent support, prayer, and encouragement! Thank you for the ways you have loved me in every season of my life.

When I moved to Nashville four years ago, I realized I couldn't escape life at GCC when I began attending Grace Community Church. Welcome GCC#2. Since becoming a member soon thereafter, God has repeatedly surprised me in the ways that I have encountered authentic Christian community, scripture-centered sermons and studies, and genuine adult friends. It has been a source of constant support and encouragement through many difficult periods of growth over the years and I'm so grateful for their support as I head north-left (shout out!) in...46 days!!!

I look forward to seeing all you Glenviewites (Glenviewans? Glenviewers? What are we, anyway?) soon at Thanksgiving!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment