Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Official: 55 Days Away...

Current location: my couch, watching "The Holiday" because it's cold and rainy outside. If the stores are allowed to start celebrating Christmas, so can I.

This morning, while having my quiet time & tea, I was led to a devotional called "Submitting to God's Purpose," which then led me to this awesome verse in John 15 that reads, "you did not choose me; I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit, fruit that will last." I haven't been able to let go of it all day. How radical is that? That I didn't choose to be God's; He chose me. That I didn't choose to go to Namibia; He sent me. I don't know what it means to produce fruit - and especially don't know what kind of fruit lasts (other than plastic fruit) - but I'm ready to discover more.

It's update time! Our official departure date has been set for December 28. For those of you keeping track, that means we're only 55 days away. Six more weeks in Nashville; less than eight weeks to Namibs. I'm grateful to have a couple extra days at home than I initially anticipated. And this totally justifies me staying in Nashville an extra day to see Garth Brooks perform for flood relief...yesssss.

Prayers for this week: that more support will come in soon, that I find the motivation to begin a packing list, for relationships among the 13 of us heading over in December, and for my students and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment