Saturday, May 19, 2012

What am I DOING Here?

Don't worry...I'm not asking that question too often. But many of you have been!

Remember the organization I work for? As the International Volunteer Coordinator for Global Support Mission, it's become increasingly important for me to actually know and experience the work being done on the ground in Uganda before I send volunteers and teams to the area. When people ask you about the actual conditions of the squatty potty, you'd better be able to speak from personal experience!

I'm spending the next month in a tiny village in western Uganda called Kaihura. If you're about to Google Map it, it's near Kyenjojo and the larger town of Fort Portal. I'm working with GSM's inaugural affiliate, Bringing Hope to the Family. In addition to getting to know all the people and places associated with Bringing Hope to the Family, I will also be working with everyone here to continue to develop & improve our international volunteer program. I'm also spending quality time with my international coworkers, the Sassers. And eating a lot of chapati along the way :)

So stay tuned for some tails from the trail! Looking forward to blogging from across the pond once again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I spent a little time in Fort Portal on my way in and out of the remote district where I taught for a summer with World Harvest Missions. I'm excited to hear about your travels! Hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete